Maple Leaf Education Asia Pacific
Unit 1302, 13/F, Tai Tung Building
8 Fleming Road, Wanchai
Maple Leaf Education Asia Pacific (MLEAP) purchased a school facility in Singapore in 2016 (see more information below). When the current renters complete their lease options, Maple Leaf will open a new School in this facility in Singapore.
Maple Leaf has signed an Memorandum of Understanding with the University of South Australia and is currently working on necessary details to open a high school on the campus of the University of South Australia in Adelaide.
More possibilities are being explored.
Maple Leaf Purchased School Facility in Singapore
- In August 2016, Maple Leaf announced the acquisition of a school premises at 11 Hillside Drive in Singapore for S$68 million. School sites in crowded cities such as Singapore are very rarely on the market, and Maple Leaf was fortunate to be able to acquire the facility.
- 11 Hillside Drive is a 4,343sqm city school on a 7,568.8sqm site with 99 years remaining on the lease. It is well-located in a central, middle class area, while private schools in Singapore are increasingly being forced into the outer suburbs.
- Hillside currently has 30 classrooms, a traditional quadrangle, a multi-purpose hall, music rooms, a library and playgrounds. We expect to have capacity of up to 600 students.
- It is located 450m from Serangoon Stadium and Swimming Complex, and 1km from Kovan MRT.
- The school is let to another K-12 school operator.
- The size of the total international school population in Singapore is currently approximately 58,000 students, with total revenues of the sector over S$1.4 billion (US$1.1bn).
- Maple Leaf will open an Elementary and High school in Singapore at the earliest opportunity, looking to capitalize on the growing PRC population of Singapore, a desire among expatriate parents for bilingual education, and a lack of high quality Putonghua (Mandarin) teaching in SE Asia. We expect to attract students from across SE Asia.