Superintendent of Schools: BC Programs
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Robert (Bob) Gardner as the Vice-President Maple Leaf Educational Systems, China and Maple Leafs Superintendent of Schools: BC Programs, commencing August 2016.
Mr. Gardner brings a wealth of previous experience to the position, including: Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Saskatchewan and a Master of Education degree from the University of Alberta
- 9 years of teaching experience in Alberta
- 17 years of principal and vice principal experience at both elementary (K-7) and secondary (8-12) levels in British Columbia public schools
- 5 years of School District Office experience including Director of Education responsible for Human Resources- Teaching Personnel, and serving as Assistant Superintendent
- Numerous internal and external School Accreditation team experiences and District Review Teams for schools in British Columbia
- President of Amicus Educational Services Ltd, responsible for delivering services to public schools and educational professionals in British Columbia
- University of British Columbia – Okanagan: Adjunct Professor
- Member of the British Columbia Principals and Vice Principals Association and its planning team for the BCPVPA Short Course as well as serving as a facilitator for the course
Bob also has Maple Leaf experience, having previously served as Principal of Maple Leaf International School - Dalian. He is married to a retired British Columbia elementary teacher/principal and is father of two children and a grandparent of two granddaughters.